California Turkey Club Burgers
Rachael's Orecchiette With Bacon + More Q & Ray + J Questions An…
This Woman Lost Her House To a Fire On The Same Day Rachael Did …
How To Make Roasted Cauliflower Orecchiette | Atkins Diet Recipe…
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
- 4 slices center-cut bacon
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/2 small yellow onion, grated
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (a handful) flat-leaf parsley leaves or cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (a palmful) sweet or smoked paprika
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, kept separate
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 ripe avocado, flesh cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or half-and-half (eyeball it)
- 1 tablespoon mustard (eyeball it)
- 2 slices from 1 small red beefsteak tomato
- 2 slices from 1 small yellow beefsteak tomato
- 2 leaves Bibb lettuce
- 6 slices white bread, toasted
- 8 toothpicks (get something fun and fancy if you feel like it)
Preheat oven to 425F. Place bacon strips on a broiler pan and cook until crispy. Break each piece of crispy bacon in half and reserve.
While the bacon is getting crispy, get the burgers together: Preheat a nonstick skillet with EVOO over medium-high heat. In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, grated onion, garlic, parsley, paprika, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions, then divided that in half, giving you 4 equal portions. Form each portion into patties about 1/4-inch thick. Cook patties in the hot skillet on each side for 4-5 minutes, until cooked through.
While the patties are cooking make the avocado smear: Place the avocado flesh in a food processor or blender along with the cream, lemon juice, mustard, a little salt and pepper. Process until smooth and thick, then reserve for club assembly.
To assemble burgers, place a little of the avocado smear on a piece of toasted bread. Top with one of the patties. Top that with a slice of red tomato, a little more avocado smear and another piece of toast, avocado smear, burger, yellow tomato, bacon, Bibb lettuce, avocado smear and then the last piece of toast. Stick the top of the bread with the toothpicks, just shy of each corner. Cut into 4 triangles; the toothpicks will help hold everything together.