- 8 cups braising liquid, chicken stock or water
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine.
- 2 cups cubed or shredded braised beef
- 1 cup cubed butternut squash, roasted
- 1 cup sautéed chard, chiffionade
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper
Heat braising liquid, stock or water in a pot.
In a separate heavy-bottomed pot, heat oil and sauté diced onion until translucent. Add rice to onion and lightly toast, then deglaze with white wine.
Add hot stock to rice in small amounts until evaporated and rice becomes al dente. (I always mix risotto with a wooden spoon like in the olden days.)
Fold in braised beef, squash and swish chard. Add more liquid if necessary.
Finish with parmesan, butter and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. (The risotto should be creamy but not soupy.)
Serve garnished with an additional sprinkle of grated parmesan and parsley.