- 12 slices smoky bacon
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup, B or Dark Amber A grade
- 2 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard
- Coarse black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Canola oil
- 1/2 pound extra-sharp white cheddar, sliced or grated or sliced sharp American
- 4 medium eggs
- 4 sandwich-size English muffins, toasted and lightly buttered
Heat oven to 375°F. Arrange the bacon on a wire rack set over a baking sheet lined with parchment for easy clean up. Whisk up syrup, Dijon and black pepper. Drizzle half the syrup over top of bacon and bake 15 minutes. Flip bacon and baste them with the remainder of the sauce. Bake 5-8 minutes more until crisp. Remove from oven and reserve.
Season beef with Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Form 4 patties thinner at center and thicker at edges for even cooking. Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle pan over medium-high heat, drizzle with a little canola oil and cook patties 8-10 minutes, turning once, melting cheese on burgers in last minute or 2 of cook time. Remove patties to plate, wipe pan and add eggs. Cook to desired doneness, over-easy or up.
Place cheeseburgers on English muffins and top with 3 slices of bacon and an egg; set muffin tops in place and serve.