- Button mushrooms, large enough for stuffing
- 1 link sausage
- 1 deseeded jalapeño
- 1 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Wipe each mushroom with a wet dishtowel to remove any dirt. Pull out each stem and set aside.
Remove the sausage from the casing and heat in a skillet over medium heat, until it starts to break apart, then remove from pan.
Finely chop the mushroom stems and jalapeño. Combine sausage, mushroom stems, jalapeño, cheeses, egg yolk, thyme and lemon juice in a mixing bowl.
Place mushrooms on a baking sheet covered in aluminum foil and stuff with the sausage mixture. Bake for 20 minutes.