- 8 slices bacon
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons prepared
- Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices good quality white bread, hand slices
- 3/4 cup cranberry sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 12 thin slices roast or smoked turkey breast
- 8 thin slices Emmentaler Swiss cheese
- 12 bread and butter pickle slices
Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake bacon on a slotted pan to crisp, 12-14 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper and mustard. Melt butter in a small pan over low heat.
Preheat a nonstick griddle pan over medium heat. Build sandwiches of cranberry sauce, turkey, bacon, Swiss cheese and pickles. Coat in the egg batter. Liberally brush griddle with the melted butter and cook sandwiches until golden and warmed through -- use a loose tin foil tent to help melt cheese. Brush pan with more butter as needed.