- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
Serves: 2 dozen
Preheat the oven to 325°F.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter, 1/4 cup sugar, salt and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in the flour and then stir in the pecans by hand.
Shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball slightly and form into half-moon or crescent. Arrange the shaped cookies, 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake for 15 minutes, until the edges are slightly browned but the tops are still pale. Transfer the cookies to a rack to cool.
Put the remaining 3/4 cup sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll the cooled cookies in the sugar, coating liberally. Store in an airtight container.