Nutty Chicken Cutlets with Citrus Salad
How to Transition Back to "Real Clothes" with Comfortable Staple…
How to Make Chicken with Apples and Pears and Cheesy Potatoes | …
Why New York Times-Bestselling Thriller Writer Brad Meltzer Was …
Jennifer Tilly on Her Chucky Character Never Aging: "It's Really…
Family-Run Vietnamese Restaurant Lilly's Cafe Is Still a New Orl…
How to Make Corn Crème Brûlée | Richard Blais
How to Make Charred Radicchio Salad | Rachael Ray
How to Make Butter-Basted Ribeye Steaks | Richard Blais
How to Make Bucatini with Creamy Bacon and Onion Sauce | Rachael…
How to Make Parsnip Creamed Spinach | Richard Blais
Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett Surprise Rachael with a Sweet Note + …
How to Make Spiked Hot Chocolate Hazelnut Mudslides | Sunny Ande…
Jamie Lee Curtis Has an Adorable Proud Godmother Moment for Gods…
What Are Rachael's Favorite Plant-Based Meals to Make? | Q & Ray…
Jamie Lee Curtis On Her "Halloween Kills" Character Laurie "Soft…
How to Make Marinated Beef Filet Bites with Spinach Rice Pilaf (…
How to Make German Chocolate Cookies | Sunny Anderson
How to Make Chocolate-Hazelnut Puff Pastry Twists
How to Make Everything Puff Pastry Pigs in a Blanket
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast, butterflied (split open) and pounded very thin
- Salt and pepper
- About 1/2 cup skinless hazelnuts or almonds, toasted then pulse-ground in a food processor
- 1/2 cup fine regular, whole wheat or gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 cup regular, whole wheat or gluten-free panko
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- A handful of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- A handful of parsley, finely chopped
- Flour, for dredging
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Olive oil or canola oil, for shallow frying
- 1 cup blood orange or navel orange sections
- 5 to 6 cups arugula
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- 4 wedges lemon
Heat oven to 250°F. Place a metal rack on a rimmed baking sheet and place in oven to hold crispy cutlets warm once you begin cooking them.
Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
Combine ground nuts, breadcrumbs, panko, citrus zest, thyme, cheese and parsley in a shallow dish. Arrange two more dishes with flour and eggs.
Heat a layer of oil about 1/8 inch deep in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Coat chicken in flour, shake off excess, then egg and let excess drain off. Coat evenly and fully in breadcrumb mixture. Add chicken to oil in batches and cook 2-3 minutes on each side. Keep cooked cutlets warm in oven while you finish the rest.
Combine citrus sections with arugula and onions, and dress salad with lemon, EVOO, salt and pepper.
Serve cutlets with lemon wedges and salad alongside.