Sausage & French Toast Meatballs
Bite-Size Buys From Rue La La: Box Of Preserved Roses, Satin Pil…
How To Make Lemon Risotto | Rachael Ray
Rachael's Orecchiette With Bacon + More Q & Ray + J Questions An…
This Woman Lost Her House To a Fire On The Same Day Rachael Did …
How To Make Roasted Cauliflower Orecchiette | Atkins Diet Recipe…
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
- 2 large eggs, plus 1 yolk
- 1/2 cup cream
- A few grates nutmeg
- 3 slices good-quality, hand-sliced white bread (about 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 1/2 ground pork
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground sage, half a palmful
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander, 1/3 palmful
- 1 tablespoon maple sugar or light-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, ground red pepper or espelette
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- Warm maple syrup, for dipping
Whip up eggs, yolk and cream with nutmeg.
Heat a griddle over medium heat and melt butter. Dip bread in egg batter and cook French toast to deep golden. Remove toast from griddle and cool; chop 1/4-inch dice.
Place pork in bowl and add salt, pepper, sage, onion, coriander, sugar, red pepper and olive oil. Mix to combine and let stand 30 minutes for flavors to combine. Mix egg into sausage and then mix in the chopped French toast.
Preheat oven to 400˚F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll 1 1/2- to 2-inch meatballs and arrange on baking sheet.
Roast meatballs until crispy and brown at edges and cook through 17-20 minutes.
Serve with warm syrup for dipping.