- 1 bag frozen, thin cut, French fries, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 bottle Molson Canadian beer or 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Poutine, place a medium sauce pot over medium-high heat and add EVOO. Cook bacon until slightly browned and crispy. Remove half of the bacon from the pot and set aside.
Pour in the cornstarch mixture, a little at a time, and whisk until thickened, about 1-2 minutes. The mixture may be thin at first, but it will thicken as it cooks. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes.