- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup oil-packed, julienned sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh basil
- A pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound bow-tie pasta, cooked
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
In a large skillet, sauté the garlic in oil quickly over medium-high heat, being careful not to burn.
Add chicken and sauté until cooked through, about 5-10 minutes. Remove and cover with tinfoil to keep warm.
Add the broccoli florets to the pan with a little more oil, if necessary. Stir and toss broccoli until crisp-tender.
Return chicken to the pan and add the tomatoes, basil, red pepper flakes, wine and chicken broth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add the butter, cover and simmer over low heat, for 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add the cooked bow tie pasta to the pan. Stir to blend and serve with grated Parmesan on the side.