This is the perfect meal to use up the rosemary from your garden or patio planter. The cost of this recipe is $4.73.
- 3 rosemary sprigs ($.25)
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs ($1.99)
- 6 small red potatoes, quartered ($1.20)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced ($.20)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil ($.05)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder ($.05)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound green beans, stems removed ($.99)
Using a sharp knife, crush the leaves of the rosemary sprig to release its aromatic oils as it cooks. Place the rosemary sprigs around the edges of the bottom of a 5-quart or larger slow cooker.
Arrange the chicken thighs in the bottom of the slow cooker. Spread the potatoes over the top of the chicken and add the diced onion. Drizzle the olive oil over the top of the chicken and potatoes, and season with the garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours. When there is 1 hour remaining in the cooking cycle, place the green beans on top of the chicken and potatoes to steam. Complete the cooking cycle.
Serve Slow Cooker Rosemary Chicken with Red Potatoes and Green Beans.