- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 2 ounces vegetable oil
- 1 8-ounce chicken breast, cut into small strips (you can add up to a pound of chicken if you’d like)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger (optional)
- 8 cups vegetables, cut into small, bite-size pieces around the same size (can be broccoli, cauliflower, sugar snap peas, carrots, etc.)
- 5 to 6 scallions, chopped
Cook spaghetti in boiling water for 7 minutes. Drain. Add a little oil and spread onto cookie sheet to cool. You can pop into refrigerator to cool. Do this before you start vegetables.
Combine soy, oyster sauce and honey with 2 tablespoons of water in a mixing bowl.
Heat a large sauté or Dutch oven on high, add vegetable oil. Season chicken with salt and add to pan and cook quickly, about 1-2 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Remove from pan into mixing bowl with sauces and hold.
Add remaining oil and add the garlic and ginger, and cook for 30 seconds. Add vegetables, mix quickly and cover and cook 30 seconds. Remove lid, season with salt and add 2 tablespoons of water and cover again, cooking for 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring once or twice.
Add chicken, sauces and pasta to pan, lower heat to medium and mix well, making sure pasta and vegetables are blended and mixed well together. Turn off heat and add sesame oil and scallions.
You can serve immediately or return to sheet tray and cool in fridge and then pack and serve cold. (It’s delicious this way too!)