- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 12-ounce bottle dark Irish beer, such as Guinness, at room temperature
- Melted butter, for brushing
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powder sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 shot Irish whiskey, Cream de Menthe or Baileys® Irish Cream
Preheat waffle maker to medium.
In a large bowl, mix together cake mix and beer until the batter is smooth and lump-free.
In a bowl with a hand mixer, whip cream until soft peaks form. Add in powdered sugar, salt and the shot of liquor flavoring of your choice.
Brush the waffle maker with butter and scoop 1/4 of the batter onto the waffle maker. Cook for 4-6 minutes or until the waffle iron stops steaming. Remove and allow to cool. Repeat with remaining batter.
Top waffles with whipped cream.