- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied open and pounded very thin, 1/8 inch
- Salt and pepper
- Flour, for dredging
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes/dehydrated onion
- 2 tablespoons garlic flakes/dehydrated garlic
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt or coarse sea salt
- Canola oil, for shallow frying
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced on bias
- 2 ribs celery with leafy tops, sliced on bias
- 8 radishes, quartered
- 1 small red frying pepper or bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large bunch scallions, whites and greens, chopped on angle
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese or crème fraîche
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed herbs, such as dill, parsley and chives
Preheat oven to 275°F to keep schnitzel warm. Place a rack on a rimmed baking sheet.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, and dredge in flour, turn in beaten egg and coat in panko and breadcrumbs mixed with the seeds, dried onion and garlic, and salt.
Heat a thin layer of oil over medium to medium-high heat. When oil ripples and begins to smoke, cook schnitzel until deep golden on each side, 5-6 minutes total. Keep warm in on the baking sheet in the oven.
Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetables, season with salt and pepper, and cook to tender-crisp, 4-5 minutes. Add cream cheese and melt or crème fraîche, stir in lemon juice and herbs, and remove from heat.
Serve schnitzel with veggies alongside.