This crave-able Tex-Mex dip gets the wrap treatment in this super-satisfying meatless meal. Any leftover filling is great on salad or nachos.
- 2 16-ounce cans spicy vegetarian refried beans
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Frank’s Red Hot
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped, divided
- 3 jalapeño chiles, seeded and finely chopped, divided
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 3/4 pound pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 romaine heart, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup pimiento-stuffed green olives, chopped
In a medium saucepan, heat the beans with the stock, hot sauce and cumin over medium-low, stirring until warm, about 10 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine half the onion and jalapeños with the lemon juice and garlic. Season with salt; let stand 10 minutes. Mash in the avocados to make the guacamole.
In a small bowl, toss the remaining onion and jalapeños with the tomatoes and cilantro to make the salsa; season with salt.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add one tortilla and cook until it starts to blister, about 1 minute per side. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Place one tortilla on a work surface. Spread one-quarter of the cheese, some romaine, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, and olives. Roll up, burrito-style. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and fillings. Cut burritos in half; divide among plates.