- 1 pound extra lean (95% lean) or 99% fat-free ground turkey meat
- 1/2 cup low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 avocado cut into slices
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 8 grape tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 red onion, cut into thin slices
- Cooking spray
- 8-10 whole-wheat mini hamburger buns or lettuce wraps, for serving
Preheat oven to 450°F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey, black beans, cilantro, green onion, garlic powder, cumin and chili powder, and gently fold together by hand. Separate into 8-10 equal size patties. Season with pepper.
Heat a medium-sized skillet and coat with cooking spray over medium heat. Place patties in skillet and cover. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side.
Place on bun and top with lettuce, tomato, avocado and red onion.