- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 ounces ground white meat turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- A pinch chili powder
- A pinch ground cumin
- A pinch dried oregano
- A pinch cracked black pepper
- 1/2 whole-wheat bun, toasted
- Handful of mixed salad greens
Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Add the turkey, onion and garlic, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking the turkey into crumbles.
Add the green pepper, broccoli, tomato sauce and spices. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the sauce is thickened, approximately 10 minutes.
Serve on the bun topped with mixed greens.