- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots or 10 to 12 baby spring carrots, thinly sliced on bias
- 2 leeks, whites and light green parts, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 to 3 cups snap peas, halved across
- Salt and pepper
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 2 to 3 cups pulled poached chicken or pulled rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 pound broken pappardelle
- 1/2 cup tarragon, chopped or 1 cup basil, torn
- Juice of 1 lemon
Heat a soup pot over medium high heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 turns of the pan. Add carrots, leeks, snap peas, salt and pepper, partially cover pot and cook to tender-crisp, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add stock and chicken, and bring to a low rolling boil. Add pasta and cook to al dente. If you are serving the soup over several days or hours, cook pasta and store separately.
Stir in herbs and remove from heat; add lemon juice.