For the bacon:
- 8 strips microwaveable bacon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Black pepper
For the spread:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
For the flatbread:
- 2 large garlic flatbreads
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce, finely shredded
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chives
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese (use a rasp or smallest grater for cheese “snow”)
- 4 to 6 small lemon wedges
Prepare the bacon: Brush one side of each strip of bacon with maple syrup. Grind coarse fresh black pepper over all the slices then microwave as instructed on the package. Allow to cool, then chop.
Make the spread: In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and chipotle pepper.
Assemble the flat breads: Slather the top of each piece of bread with the spread. Layer with the lettuce, bacon, tomatoes, chives, cheese and serve with a lemon wedge. Cut like a pizza and serve.