- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from a can of chipotles in adobo (no peppers)
- 1 avocado
- 4 English muffins, toasted
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and fry eggs to desired doneness. Top with cheese.
In another skillet over medium-high heat, add remaining olive oil and onion. Caramelize onion slowly over medium heat, about 10-12 minutes. Add in jalapeño and cook for another 2 minutes. Add beans to the pan and mash the beans into the onion and pepper mixture with a potato masher. Season with salt and pepper, and reserve.
In a small mixing bowl, combine mayo, ketchup and adobo.
To assemble sandwiches, smash 1/4 of the avocado into on side of an English muffin. Top with 1/4 of the bean mixture, 1 cheesy egg, some special sauce, 2 slices of bacon and the other half of the English muffin.