- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound baby fennel, thinly sliced
- 12 really small baby potatoes
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 pound asparagus
- 3 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, chopped
- 2 tablespoon fennel fronds, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon dry white wine
- 8 slices lemon
- 3 tablespoons tarragon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons butter, 1 pat per sack
- 2 tablespoon parsley
- Parchment paper
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Lightly pound the chicken breasts. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
In a bowl, combine baby fennel, baby potatoes, tomatoes, asparagus, shallots, garlic, tarragon, fennel fronds, olive oil, salt and pepper; toss to combine.
Cut 4 12x16” pieces of parchment paper (TIP: You can buy a package of pre-cut half-sheets from any restaurant supply store). Arrange about 1/4 of the vegetable mix in the center of each piece of parchment. Top with a chicken breast, a splash of wine, 2 slices of lemon, a tablespoon of butter and some parsley. Fold the packets by meeting the short ends at the middle and folding them over 1 inch. Then fold a few more turns and fold in the ends to make half-moon shaped packets (sacks).
Roast chicken 25-30 minutes and remove from oven. Serve packages on plates, open them carefully and slide contents away onto the plate. Discard the paper.