- 6 to 8 tomatillos, peeled
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 large poblano peppers
- 6 large cloves garlic, left in skins
- All-natural olive oil spray or a drizzle of olive oil
- About 1 tablespoon honey or light agave
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Small handful cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
Turn broiler on high and place tomatillos, onion, peppers and garlic on a baking sheet. Spray or coat lightly with oil and place on rack in the middle of oven. Char evenly all over.
Cool enough to handle then peel and seed peppers and purée all the ingredients along with honey or agave, cumin, salt, pepper, cilantro and lime juice. Adjust seasonings to taste.