These nacho hot dogs from Chef Bobby Flay will disappear at your next BBQ.
Recipe from Bobby Flay’s BBQ Addiction.
For the Grilled Tomato-Chipotle Salsa:
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons puréed canned chipotle in adobo
- 3 tablespoons finely diced red onion
For the Hot Dogs:
- 8 kosher beef or turkey hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, opened
- 1 ½ cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup sliced pickled jalapeños
- Guacamole , homemade or store-bought
- Fried blue corn tortilla chips, coarsely crumbled
- Fresh cilantro
Serves: 4 to 8
Make the salsa: Heat a grill to high for direct grilling. Brush the tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until charred on all sides, about 6 minutes. Remove the tomatoes from the grill. Slice in half, remove and discard the seeds, and coarsely chop.
Whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, the vinegar, chipotle purée and red onion in a small bowl. Add the tomatoes and stir to combine; season with salt and pepper.
Cook the hot dogs: Grill the hot dogs until golden brown on all sides, about 7 minutes. Remove to a plate. Grill the buns, cut side down, until lightly golden brown, about 20 seconds.
Put the hot dogs in the buns and top with the Monterey Jack, jalapeños, guacamole, salsa, tortilla chips and cilantro leaves.