Chili Burgers with Southern-Style Slaw, Mustard and Onions
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
Soon-To-Be Mom of 6 On Relationship With Her Oldest Child: "I ca…
The Covid Vaccines Explained | Physician + "Doctors" Host Dr. Ia…
When Can You Get The Covid Vaccine? A Doctor Breaks Down Current…
Why You Should Still Get The Vaccine If You've Already Had Covid…
Chef Curtis Stone's Fried Chicken + Rachael's Chicken With Pears…
Sterling K. Brown On Filming Latest Season Of This Is Us + Rach'…
Rach's Bacon & Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce + Al…
Serve with tater tots or oven fries alongside with barbecue sauce or ketchup for dipping taters.
- 2 tablespoons fine sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 2 cups grated or shredded cabbage
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or pasted
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon green or red chili powder, such as Gebhart’s
- 2 4-ounce cans green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro, chopped
- 4 slices Monterey Jack or white American cheese
- 4 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 4 brioche rolls, split and toasted
- Yellow mustard, for serving
- Chopped raw onion, for serving
In a mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, vinegar, 2 tablespoons oil and celery salt. Add carrot and cabbage; toss to combine.
Mix meat with salt, pepper, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, green chilies and cilantro. Form into 4 patties that are thinner at center and thicker at edges for even cooking.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil. Cook patties 8 minutes, turning occasionally. Melt a slice of each of the 2 cheeses over each patty in last 2 minutes of cooking time.
Serve patties on toasted rolls topped with slaw, some yellow mustard and raw onions.