Grilled Chicken Tacos with Smoky Salsa Verde
The Great Jack O' Lantern Blaze Might Be the Coolest Halloween A…
How to Make White Pasta E Fagioli | Rachael Ray
How to Make Lobster Risotto with Saffron, Tomatoes and Zucchini …
A Breast Cancer Surgeon's Top 4 Lifestyle Tips for Better Breast…
This 25-Year-Old Started "Excuse My Grandma" Dating Podcast With…
Stacy London Swears by These Cooling Products During Menopause
How to Make Za'atar Chicken Shawarma + Turmeric Rice Pilaf | Rac…
How to Make Creamy Spinach Pasta | Rachael Ray
Ron + Clint Howard on New Memoir "The Boys": "This Is Really a L…
How to Make Homemade Cheese Ravioli Made With Fresh Egg Pasta Do…
According to Rachael, THIS Is How Long Opened Tomato Paste Lasts…
Rachael Shares Her Best Tips for Working with Fresh Thyme
How to Make a Negroni-Martini (Negronatini) | John Cusimano
Broadway Superstar Laura Benanti One-Ups Hugh Jackman's Most Emb…
Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Says His Music Industry Uncle's Biggest…
How to Make Shrimp Parm | Rachael Ray
How to Make Hoisin Fried Rice | Rachael Ray
This Video of Rach's Number One Feline Fan Watching Her Cook on …
Anthony Michael Hall Talks "Halloween Kills" Story: "It's classi…
- 1 bulb garlic, top cut away to expose cloves
- Olive or vegetable oil, for drizzling plus about 3 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound tomatillos, husked
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into wedges with root attached
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 4 limes
- 2 teaspoons green chili or other mild chili powder, such as Ancho
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 rounded teaspoon (1/3 palmful) ground coriander
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or small, 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 round teaspoon light agave or Acacia honey
- A small handful cilantro tops
- 12 to 16 6-inch corn tortillas
- Quick-pickled red onions (Thinly sliced red onions tossed with lime juice, salt and pepper)
- Shredded Jack and/or Pepper Jack or Chihuahua cheeses
- Thinly sliced radishes
- Diced avocado, dressed in lemon juice
- Mexican crema or sour cream
- Cilantro leaves
Prepare/preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
Drizzle garlic with a little olive or vegetable oil, season with salt and pepper and wrap tightly in foil. Grill until tender, 25-30 minutes, turning occasionally. Let cool then squeeze out cloves and paste.
Dress tomatillos, onion wedges and jalapeños with a little oil. Season with salt and pepper, and grill to blister and char all over; remove from heat.
Grill limes cut-side down to char and get their juices flowing.
Whisk up chili powder, 1 teaspoon each of cumin and coriander, half the grill-roasted garlic paste, the juice of 1 grilled lime and 3 tablespoons oil in a small bowl. Coat chicken in marinade and season with salt and pepper.
In a food processor, combine charred tomatillos, remaining half the grill-roasted garlic, grilled onion, 1 teaspoon cumin, cilantro, juice of remaining charred limes, honey or agave and the 2 roasted jalapeños (remove ribs and seeds for milder salsa). Process into a slightly chunky, saucy salsa and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Char tortillas to blister and blacken at edges and to soften. Wrap them in a clean towel to keep warm.
Grill chicken 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally. Slice chicken and serve with wedges of charred lime.
Assemble and arrange the fixin’s—the taco bar is officially open!