Grilled Chicken Tacos with Smoky Salsa Verde
How to Make Spiked Hot Chocolate Hazelnut Mudslides | Sunny Ande…
Jamie Lee Curtis Has an Adorable Proud Godmother Moment for Gods…
What Are Rachael's Favorite Plant-Based Meals to Make? | Q & Ray…
Jamie Lee Curtis On Her "Halloween Kills" Character Laurie "Soft…
How to Make Marinated Beef Filet Bites with Spinach Rice Pilaf (…
How to Make German Chocolate Cookies | Sunny Anderson
How to Make Chocolate-Hazelnut Puff Pastry Twists
How to Make Everything Puff Pastry Pigs in a Blanket
Black-ish Star Anthony Anderson Teases Final Season Surprises: "…
Baby Nursery Tour: Style Expert + Host Lilliana Vazquez Shows In…
How to Make Bacon, Egg and Cheese Toast Cups
Anthony Anderson's Mom Put Acting Dreams Aside to Raise Him—But …
How to Make Rotisserie Chicken and Scallion Noodles | Rachael Ray
Our First Guest Back in the Studio Is Legendary Chef Jacques Pép…
How to Make Chile Verde Tacos de Picadillo | Rachael Ray
Rach Returns to Studio in New Set Kitchen: Watch Her Welcome Our…
José Andrés Makes a Fridge-Hunting Tuna Salad
Bob Harper Needed a Letter of Recommendation for His New NYC Hom…
Inside Rachael & John's Dreamy 16th Anniversary Celebration at T…
- 1 bulb garlic, top cut away to expose cloves
- Olive or vegetable oil, for drizzling plus about 3 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound tomatillos, husked
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into wedges with root attached
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 4 limes
- 2 teaspoons green chili or other mild chili powder, such as Ancho
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 rounded teaspoon (1/3 palmful) ground coriander
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or small, 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 round teaspoon light agave or Acacia honey
- A small handful cilantro tops
- 12 to 16 6-inch corn tortillas
- Quick-pickled red onions (Thinly sliced red onions tossed with lime juice, salt and pepper)
- Shredded Jack and/or Pepper Jack or Chihuahua cheeses
- Thinly sliced radishes
- Diced avocado, dressed in lemon juice
- Mexican crema or sour cream
- Cilantro leaves
Prepare/preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
Drizzle garlic with a little olive or vegetable oil, season with salt and pepper and wrap tightly in foil. Grill until tender, 25-30 minutes, turning occasionally. Let cool then squeeze out cloves and paste.
Dress tomatillos, onion wedges and jalapeños with a little oil. Season with salt and pepper, and grill to blister and char all over; remove from heat.
Grill limes cut-side down to char and get their juices flowing.
Whisk up chili powder, 1 teaspoon each of cumin and coriander, half the grill-roasted garlic paste, the juice of 1 grilled lime and 3 tablespoons oil in a small bowl. Coat chicken in marinade and season with salt and pepper.
In a food processor, combine charred tomatillos, remaining half the grill-roasted garlic, grilled onion, 1 teaspoon cumin, cilantro, juice of remaining charred limes, honey or agave and the 2 roasted jalapeños (remove ribs and seeds for milder salsa). Process into a slightly chunky, saucy salsa and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Char tortillas to blister and blacken at edges and to soften. Wrap them in a clean towel to keep warm.
Grill chicken 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally. Slice chicken and serve with wedges of charred lime.
Assemble and arrange the fixin’s—the taco bar is officially open!