- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 London Broil shoulder steak, about 1 1/3 pounds, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
Preheat oven to 325°F
In a small Dutch oven, heat oil. Season meat with salt and pepper, add to the hot pan and brown on both sides. Remove from pot and set aside. Add carrots and onion to the pan and sauté for about 3-4 minutes or until translucent. Add tomato paste, Italian seasonings and beef stock to deglaze the pan. Place meat back in the pot and add potatoes on top. Cover with a lid and place in oven for about 2 hours or until meat is tender.
Serve with willed cabbage alongside and a dollop of sour cream.