Turkey and Green Chili Burgers with Guacamole
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
Serve alongisde Spicy Herb-Roasted Haricots Verts.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 4-ounce cans whole green chilies, well drained
- 2 teaspoons (2/3 palmful) ground Sante Fe green chili powder or other mild chili powder, such as Ancho
- 2 teaspoons (2/3 palmful) ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons grated onion with juice, divided
- 3 large cloves garlic, grated or pasted, divided
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped plus 2 tablespoons for guacamole
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 3 slices Cooper’s sharp white American cheese or other white American
- 3 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 2 small or 1 large, ripe Haas avocados, pit removed and squished from skin
- 1 jalapeño pepper, grated or finely chopped
- Juice of 1 small lime
- Green or red leaf lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow or white onion, sliced
- 1 Beefsteak or vine-ripe tomato, sliced
- 3 brioche rolls, split
Heat a cast-iron skillet to medium-high.
Place the turkey in mixing bowl. Finely chop drained chilies and pat them dry again; add to turkey. Season turkey with chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Add 3 tablespoons grated onion, 2 cloves grated garlic and about 1/2 cup cilantro to bowl. Mix burger meat and form 3 large thin patties. Add patties to the hot pan and cook 8 minutes turning once; melt a slice of each kind of cheese over top in last minute of cooking time.
Mash the avocado with remaining 3 tablespoons grated onion and 1 clove grated garlic, the jalapeño, lime juice and 2 tablespoons cilantro; season with salt to taste.
Place lettuce, onion and tomato on bun bottoms, top with cheeseburgers and the bun tops slathered with guacamole.