This sauce is great on hot, charred bread. Leftover sauce is great on any grilled, broiled or sautéed protein, grilled mushrooms or squash.
- 1 large red pepper, such as field pepper or Manhattan fruit
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup toasted Marcona almonds
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/3 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Small handful flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or hot paprika
Roast pepper over an open flame on a gas stove or under a broiler to blacken and blister. Cool covered in a bowl then peel and seed. Process/blend the roasted red pepper with garlic, nuts, sherry vinegar, EVOO, parsley, smoked paprika and cayenne or hot paprika. Add salt to taste.