Queso Dip Mac 'n' Cheese
TV Legend Carol Burnett, Dr. Travis Stork's Food Diary & a Queso…
How To Make Spinach & Artichoke Mac 'n' Cheese From Half Baked H…
Cheeseburger Mac 'n' Cheese
Mac 'n Cheese Popcorn
One-Pot Cauliflower Mac & Cheese
Cubano Mac 'n' Cheese
Philly Cheesesteak Mac 'n' Cheese
Buffalo Chicken Mac n’ Cheese
French Onion Mac ‘n’ Cheese
This recipe was featured in the September 2015 issue of Every Day with Rachael Ray magazine.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound smoked yellow cheddar trimmed of smoky rind, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 pound sharp yellow cheddar, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 2 4-ounce cans diced green chiles, drained
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 rounded tablespoon yellow mustard, such as French's
- Pico de gallo or salsa, for topping
- A handful of tortilla chips, for garnish
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic and jalapeño. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the cornstarch then add the milk. Bring to a bubble then add the cream cheese, stirring until it melts, 3-5 minutes. Add both cheddars and stir in a figure-eight motion until melted, about 5 minutes. Stir in the canned chiles and reduce the heat to low.
Salt the boiling water. Add the pasta; cook to al dente.
Stir the mustard into the queso sauce and remove from the heat. Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce.
Top with the pico de gallo and a few crushed tortilla chips, and serve.