- 1/3 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 celery stock, finely chopped
- 1 pinch hot red pepper
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- Salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup crushed red tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 sweet pork Italian sausages
In a medium-size pan, heat oil. Add onion, garlic, celery and spices, and sauté until lightly gold. Pour in the wine. After the wine has evaporated, add the beans, crushed tomatoes and the water. Simmer for 45 minutes.
While the cannellini beans are cooking, in separate fry pan, cook 6 sausages over medium heat in 1 1/2 cups of water. When the sausages are degreased, raise the heat to high until they are light brown. Cut them in half and add them to the beans mixture.
Pour everything in a large bowl and serve the Fagioli all’Uccelleto warm with toasted garlic bread drizzled with olive oil alongside.