- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/8 cup white Balsamic vinegar
- 1 handful of golden raisins
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- Fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 1/2 pound large rainbow carrots, peeled and trimmed
- Peeled chestnuts, jarred or cryo-vac’d, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch, watercress
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 450°F. Whisk maple syrup, molasses, vinegar, raisins, parsley and rosemary. Toss carrots in mixture. Set carrots on a hot roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper. Roast carrots for 30-40 minutes, tossing occasionally.
In a medium-size sauce pan, add 1 cup chestnuts with water, cream and salt, and simmer for 20 minutes and then purée until smooth; adjust seasoning.
Place purée on the bottom of a large plate and top with carrot-raisin mixture and peppery greens.