Stuffing Swirl Rolled Turkey Breast
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
Soon-To-Be Mom of 6 On Relationship With Her Oldest Child: "I ca…
The Covid Vaccines Explained | Physician + "Doctors" Host Dr. Ia…
When Can You Get The Covid Vaccine? A Doctor Breaks Down Current…
Why You Should Still Get The Vaccine If You've Already Had Covid…
Chef Curtis Stone's Fried Chicken + Rachael's Chicken With Pears…
Sterling K. Brown On Filming Latest Season Of This Is Us + Rach'…
Rach's Bacon & Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce + Al…
- 1 4-pound boneless, skin-on turkey breast
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 1/2 pound sweet or spicy country-style bulk breakfast sausage or sausage links, meat removed from casings
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces plus a softened about 2 tablespoons for skin
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, skin left on and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 small ribs celery with leafy tops from heart, chopped
- 1 small fresh bay leaf
- 1/4 cup parsley, sage and thyme, combined, finely chopped
- 1/2 bag seasoned stuffing cubes, such as Pepperidge Farm or cornbread stuffing crumbles
- About 2 cups turkey or chicken stock
- A handful walnuts, toasted and finely chopped or coarsely ground in a food processor
For the Maple Mustard Gravy
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Coarse black pepper
- 2 rounded tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup cloudy, fresh apple cider
- 2 cups turkey or chicken stock
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- About 1 tablespoon real maple syrup, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 2 scant tablespoons grainy mustard
For the Mashed Cauliflower with Cheddar and Chives
- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets of similar size
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp, white cheddar cheese
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- About 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Butterfly the turkey breast cutting into and across but not all the way through the breast and pound to 1/2-inch thick. Season turkey on pounded side with salt and pepper.
Heat a tablespoon of oil, 1 turn of the pan, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, Crumble and brown meat then remove to drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Return pan to heat and add 4 tablespoons butter. Let melt and foam; add apple, onion and celery, and season with salt and pepper. Add herbs and cook to soften, 10 minutes or so. Add stuffing cubes and combine. Moisten stuffing with about 2 cups stock, add toasted walnuts and remove from heat; cool.
Once cool, add reserved sausage to stuffing and remove bay leaf. Spread stuffing evenly over turkey, stopping an inch from the edges. Wrap and roll turkey then place seam-side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Rub skin with a little softened butter and season with salt and pepper. Roast about an hour to an hour and 15 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F at the center. Let rest. Carve across breast into 3/4-inch slices and serve.
For the Mustard-Mustard Gravy: Melt butter in a medium skillet or a saucepot over medium to medium-high heat then add the black pepper to toast. Whisk in flour, add cider and let it bubble up. Add stock and thicken a bit. Add Worcestershire, maple syrup and salt, adjusting flavor of your gravy as you work. Remove from heat and stir in mustard for a kick.
For the Mashed Cauliflower with Cheddar and Chives: Boil cauliflower florets in salted water to tender; drain. Warm the stock in a small pot. For smoother mashed cauliflower, place florets in food processer with EVOO and season with salt and pepper. For a coarser mash, use a potato masher. Stir in cheese, a little nutmeg to taste and chives.