Pilgrim Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Savory Italian-Style Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Fall Faves Monte Cristo
How To Make Stuffed Monte Cristo (Croques Monsieur-Style) By Rac…
Rach's Prep Kitchen: Cobb Salad
Cubano-Style Monte Cristo
The Perfect Monte Cristo Sandwich
Turkey and Bacon Monte Cristo
Open-Faced Monte Cristo Clubs
Rach's Prep Kitchen: Spinach-Artichoke Monte Cristo
- 12 slices meaty, smoky bacon (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- A little freshly grated nutmeg
- 8 slices good quality white bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups leftover gravy or whisk together 2 tablespoons butter and flour, add 2 cups turkey stock, thicken; add salt, pepper and Worcestershire to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds turkey breast sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 3/4 pound brick sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup leftover whole berry cranberry sauce or cook 1 12-ounce package cranberries with 1 cup water and 3/4 cup sugar until thickened (this will make more than you need for this recipe)
If using bacon, preheat oven to 375 and arrange bacon on slotted broiler pan or a wire rack set inside a rimmed baking sheet. Bake bacon until very crisp and brown, 15-18 minutes. Remove bacon and switch on broiler.
In a large shallow dish, whisk up eggs, milk, allspice, nutmeg and a fat pinch of salt.
Heat a griddle pan over medium to medium-high heat and melt butter. Coat 4 slices of bread in egg mixture and add to griddle. Cook until deeply golden brown on both sides and transfer to a warm platter. Cover with foil, repeat.
Meanwhile, heat gravy in large skillet, adding a little stock or water to thin if necessary. Add sliced turkey to pan and let it heat through.
In a small pot over medium heat, combine maple syrup and cranberry sauce, and warm.
Arrange 4 slices of French toast on a baking sheet and top with 3 slices of bacon, if using, and some sliced turkey. Top with cheese and broil to melt. Transfer sandwiches to plates and top with remaining French toast. Serve cran-maple sauce over the top of the sandwiches or alongside.