Chicken Turnovers with Apples, Chard and Cheddar
Pork or Chicken Sandwiches with Apples, Bacon and Camembert
Spicy Cheddar Burgers with Blue Cheese Aioli
How To Make Cheesy Stuffed Apples By Rachael
How To Make Cider Chicken with Cream By Rachael
Cider House Chicken
Roast Pork Loin or Chicken with Apples Onions and Potatoes
Roasted Apples and Sauerkraut Dog
Chipotle Turkey Chili with Apples and Cheddar
Jeff Mauro’s Chicken Salad Wrap with Turbo Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Drunken Pasta With Beets & Swiss Chard
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten plus additional for egg wash
- 1 stick cold butter, cut into small dice
- 1 round tablespoon super-fine sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons ice water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 scant palmful) ground poultry seasoning, such as Bell’s
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 scant palmful) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons currants
- 1/2 cup Calvados
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large Honeycrisp apple, finely chopped
- 1 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch chard, stemmed and chopped, about 4 cups
- Freshly grated nutmeg, about 1/8 teaspoon, to taste
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts or chopped hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup grated sharp white cheddar or Gruyère cheese
For the dough, pulse-process flour, butter, salt and sugar in food processor and stream in eggs. Knead dough, wrap in plastic and chill for 1 hour.
To make the filling, heat a skillet over medium-high; add oil, 2 turns of the pan. Add chicken and brown and crumble then add garlic and spices, and stir to combine. Add currants and deglaze pan with Calvados; remove mixture to a bowl.
Return pan to heat and add butter to melt. Once it foams, add apples, celery and onions, and stir 5 minutes. Wilt in greens; add salt, pepper and nutmeg and nuts. Remove pan from heat and let cool. Add the cheese to the cooled greens and apples, and combine with the chicken.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Roll out dough and cut into 6 squares, each 7 inches in diameter. Place filling in a triangle shape on half of each square, fold over the dough and press the edges closed. Arrange turnovers on a baking sheet lined with parchment and press the edges with a fork to seal. Brush turnovers with egg wash and bake to golden and hot through, around 30 minutes.