- 2 1/2 pounds eye-of-round beef roast
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 celeriac, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Potatoes, washed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Using a small sharp knife, make one-inch deep incisions in the beef and then into each incision, insert the garlic cloves and rosemary leaves. Season the beef with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Place the chopped celeriac and potatoes in a bowl along with 2 cloves of garlic, fresh rosemary and olive oil. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, and toss to coat.
Place the beef in the center of a baking sheet and arrange the vegetables around the beef. Roast for 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Removing from the oven a couple of times just to toss the vegetables and baste the beef.
Once the beef is cooked, remove from the oven and use aluminum foil to tent the beef roast (to keep it warm). Allow to rest for ten minutes before you slice and serve.