Skirt Steak Fajitas
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
Soon-To-Be Mom of 6 On Relationship With Her Oldest Child: "I ca…
The Covid Vaccines Explained | Physician + "Doctors" Host Dr. Ia…
When Can You Get The Covid Vaccine? A Doctor Breaks Down Current…
Why You Should Still Get The Vaccine If You've Already Had Covid…
Chef Curtis Stone's Fried Chicken + Rachael's Chicken With Pears…
Sterling K. Brown On Filming Latest Season Of This Is Us + Rach'…
Rach's Bacon & Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce + Al…
- 1 ½ pounds skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 2 limes, divided
- 4 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon each cumin, coriander, granulated garlic, granulated onion and Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon Red Hot or Tabasco sauce, plus some to pass at table
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 mild peppers (mix of cubanelle, red field or frying pepper, and Anaheim or green bell)
- 1 large white onion, quartered and sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed or sliced
- 2 jalapeño or Serrano peppers
- ¾ cup lager (light) beer or stock (chicken or beef)
- 2 to 3 large radishes, very thinly sliced or cut into matchsticks
- A handful cilantro tops, coarsely chopped
- 16 corn or flour tortillas
- Salsa, store-bought or homemade Pico de Gallo (seeded chopped tomato, finely chopped jalapeño or Serrano pepper, and red onion, cilantro and salt)
Preheat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
Season the steak with salt and pepper, and whisk up marinade: juice of 1 lime, 3 tablespoons oil, cumin, coriander, granulated garlic and onion, oregano, Worcestershire and hot sauce. Turn meat in marinade and let stand while heating a large griddle or grill pan over medium-high heat. Cook steak 2-3 minutes on each side for medium-rare to medium doneness.
Toss red onions with juice of remaining lime, salt and pepper.
To skillet, add remaining tablespoon oil, a turn of the pan, sliced peppers and white onion. Toss 3-4 minutes to char at edges and soften a bit. Add salt, pepper, garlic and hot peppers; toss a minute or 2 more. Deglaze pan with beer or stock.
Slice steak and add to cast-iron skillet with the veggies.
Char tortillas over an open flame or in a hot, ungreased skillet to blister on both sides. Keep warm in tortilla warmer or wrapped in foil.
Garnish the fajita skillet with radishes and pickled red onions; serve from the pan with charred tortillas, homemade or store-bought salsa and hot sauce alongside.