Roasted Tomato Bolognese and Bucatini
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
- 32 cocktail tomatoes (they’re a little larger than cherry tomatoes) or 3 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves stripped from stems
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for liberal drizzling (4 tablespoons or so)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds 80% lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken or veal stock
- A handful of parsley, chopped
- A handful of basil, torn
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pound bucatini
- Grated Grana Padano or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, for serving
Preheat oven to 400°F.
On a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil, arrange tomatoes, garlic and thyme. Drizzle with EVOO and toss to coat. Roast 30 minutes until the tomatoes burst. Slide everything into a food processor and purée.
Heat a deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, 2 turns of the pan, and beef. Season with salt and pepper, and brown and crumble. Add onions and cook until soft; add stock. Add tomato purée and stir in parsley, basil and milk. Simmer 30-40 minutes to thicken.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add salt and pasta, and cook to al dente. Reserve 1 cup starchy water then drain pasta and return it to the hot pot. Toss pasta with starchy water, half the sauce and a drizzle or two of EVOO to coat.
Serve pasta topped with more sauce and some Grana Padano or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.