Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
Soon-To-Be Mom of 6 On Relationship With Her Oldest Child: "I ca…
The Covid Vaccines Explained | Physician + "Doctors" Host Dr. Ia…
When Can You Get The Covid Vaccine? A Doctor Breaks Down Current…
Why You Should Still Get The Vaccine If You've Already Had Covid…
Chef Curtis Stone's Fried Chicken + Rachael's Chicken With Pears…
Sterling K. Brown On Filming Latest Season Of This Is Us + Rach'…
Rach's Bacon & Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce + Al…
- For the Croutons:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 cups white Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Coarse black pepper
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano cheese
- For the Dressing:
- 4 anchovy filets, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or pasted
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 large egg yolk
- About 3/4 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup (a handful) each grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and Pecorino Romano cheeses
- For the Salad: 2 hearts or 1 large head Romaine
- 12 slices meaty bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally into 6 thin cutlets
- Salt and pepper
- 4 radishes, cut into matchsticks or thin half moons
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled smoked blue cheese (preferred brand Oscar’s Smokehouse) or Maytag blue cheese
- 8 scallions, thinly sliced on bias
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F.
For the croutons, heat a medium-size skillet over medium heat. Add oil and melt butter into oil. Add garlic and swirl for a minute or two; toss bread cubes in garlic butter. Arrange croutons on a baking sheet and season with black pepper and cheese. Bake to deeply golden brown, remove and reserve.
Raise oven temperature to 375°F.
For the dressing, place anchovies, Dijon, Worcestershire, garlic, lemon, pepper and egg yolk in a food processor and stream in EVOO while machine is running. Add cheese and pulse to combine.
Wash and dry lettuce, coarsely chop and add to large salad bowl.
Arrange bacon on a slotted baking sheet or broiler pan and bake to crisp, 18 minutes. Cool to handle then chop into 1-inch pieces.
Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil, about half a tablespoon, and half the chicken. Season with salt and pepper, and brown and cook a couple of minutes on each side until cooked through. Repeat with remaining chicken. Dice cooked chicken into pieces about the same size as the croutons.
Add dressing and croutons to lettuce and toss to coat. Arrange dressed greens and croutons on large dinner plates then top with some chicken, radishes, bacon, blue cheese, scallions and chopped egg.