Sicilian Lemon Spaghetti
BLC Spaghetti - Bacon, Leek, Chard and Walnuts with Farro Spaghe…
The Ultimate Spaghetti and Meatballs Supper
How To Make Spaghetti with Mushrooms, Marsala and Mascarpone By …
Winter-Spiced Butternut Risotto with Sausage, Sage and Walnuts
Meatballs and Rice in Broth
Penne and Roasted Squash with Pumpkin Seed Pesto
Tuna Nicoise Casserole
How To Make Rachael's Chicken Riggies with Greens
From Everyone Is Italian on Sundays
- Grated zest of 2 organic lemons plus the juice of 6 lemons (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pound of spaghetti
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 to 3 cups baby arugula
- Finely chopped toasted pistachios, for serving
- Grated Pecorino cheese, for serving (optional)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
In a serving bowl, whisk the lemon zest, lemon juice and EVOO. Season with salt and black pepper, and add the red pepper flakes (if using.)
Salt the boiling water, add the spaghetti and cook to al dente. Before draining, ladle out about 1 cup of the cooking water.
Combine the starchy water, spaghetti and torn basil in the serving bowl with the lemon dressing and toss to coat. Adjust the seasoning. Add the arugula and toss to combine.
Serve in shallow bowls topped with pistachios and pecorino, if desired.