- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup lager beer
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 2 1/2 cups shredded (3/4 pound) sharp yellow cheddar cheese
- 1 pound kielbasa, chopped
- 1 pound sauerkraut, drained
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeño rings, drained
- 1 bag good quality corn tortilla chips
In a saucepot over medium to medium-high heat, melt butter. Add flour and whisk together. When pale golden, add milk and whisk to thicken. Whisk in beer and bring to a bubble.
Add spices and Worcestershire to sauce then stir in cheese with a spoon. Reduce heat to low and keep sauce warm.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown kielbasa. Remove to a paper towel-lined dish to drain.
Heat sauerkraut in a small pot with caraway seeds and jalapeños.
Toast chips to golden at edges in oven. Top with cheese sauce, kielbasa and some sauerkraut with jalapeños and serve.