White Chili Burritos
Rachael Shares Her Best Tips for Working with Fresh Thyme
How to Make a Negroni-Martini (Negronatini) | John Cusimano
Broadway Superstar Laura Benanti One-Ups Hugh Jackman's Most Emb…
Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Says His Music Industry Uncle's Biggest…
How to Make Shrimp Parm | Rachael Ray
How to Make Hoisin Fried Rice | Rachael Ray
This Video of Rach's Number One Feline Fan Watching Her Cook on …
Anthony Michael Hall Talks "Halloween Kills" Story: "It's classi…
You're Doing It Wrong: How to Burn + Extinguish Your Candles So …
How to Make Crispy Skin Chicken with 5-Spice and Sichuan Pepper …
How to Make Bifteki (Greek Burger Patties) | Rachael Ray
First Makeover Back in the Studio is for a Deserving Woman Who's…
Jeremy Sisto Teases Loophole That Could Allow Him to Make an App…
How to Tell if Someone's Been in Your House While You're Away, A…
How to Kick Out a Car Window If You're Kidnapped | Former CIA Of…
This 16-Year-Old Started Her Secret Identity Movement for All Wo…
How to Transition Back to "Real Clothes" with Comfortable Staple…
How to Make Chicken with Apples and Pears and Cheesy Potatoes | …
Why New York Times-Bestselling Thriller Writer Brad Meltzer Was …
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds ground dark meat turkey or turkey breast
- 1 onion, finely chopped, divided
- 1 poblano or mild green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon New Mexican green chile powder or mild chile powder, such as ancho
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup turkey or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 ounces cream cheese (4 tablespoons), cut into small pieces or 1/4 cup sour cream or crème fraîche
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 2 14- to 15-ounce cans white beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Green hot sauce, such as Bronx Hot Sauce (available at bronxhotsauce.com) or jalapeño Tabasco
- 6 to 8 large flour tortillas
- 1/2 pound pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Natural olive oil cooking spray
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil, one turn of the pan.
Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. Add half the onion, the poblano, garlic and spices; season with salt and pepper. Cook stirring often, until soft, 7-8 minutes. Add the stock and Worcestershire, and cook until the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Stir in the cream cheese and remove from the heat.
In a small skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, one turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the celery and remaining onion; season and cook, stirring often, until soft, 2-3 minutes. Add the beans and thyme, and cook until warm, 2-3 minutes. Add the green hot sauce to taste.
If the tortillas are stiff, wrap them in a kitchen towel and microwave them for a few seconds to soften.
To assemble the burritos, pile some of the turkey mixture on the lower third of each tortilla, leaving a 2-inch border on either side. Top with some of the cheese and beans. Fold in the sides then roll up tightly.
Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Spray the burritos lightly with cooking spray and place them in the skillet, seam-side down. Cook until crispy and browned, about 2 minutes per side. Cut in half and serve.