White Chili Burritos
Brooke Shields Tearfully Recounts Devastating Accident + Leg Inj…
How to Make Roasted Honey-Soy Green Beans | Rachael Ray
We Surprise a Mom of 10 (Including 6 Foster Kids!) Who Works So …
How to Make Salt 'n' Pepper Pork or Chicken | Rachael Ray
How to Make Caramel Apple Shortcakes | Grant Melton
How to Make Sausages with Apples and Onions & Charred, Spiced Ca…
Robin Roberts Tearfully Recalls the Emotional Moment Her Sister …
How to Make Easy Grilled Corn with Jalapeño Cilantro Glaze | Sun…
How to Make Chianti Risotto with Garlicky Spinach and Oven Charr…
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken with Rosemary & Grapes | Queer Eye…
Feast Your Eyes on Our Savory 16 Charcuterie Board + We Promise …
How to Make an Edible Cheeseboard With Focaccia for Your Next Pa…
How to Make Miso Ramen with Steak, Japanese-Style Tomato Salad +…
How to Make Apple Cider Doughnut Cake | Milk Bar's Christina Tosi
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Tells Rachael His Hand Is At 95% One Ye…
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Has Sweet Words For Rachael To Celebrat…
How to Make a Bumbleberry Pie Sundae | Gail Simmons
How to Make Spaghetti or Linguini with Red Clam Sauce | Rachael …
Coach Rob Mendez, Football Coach Born Without Limbs, Tells His I…
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds ground dark meat turkey or turkey breast
- 1 onion, finely chopped, divided
- 1 poblano or mild green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon New Mexican green chile powder or mild chile powder, such as ancho
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup turkey or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 ounces cream cheese (4 tablespoons), cut into small pieces or 1/4 cup sour cream or crème fraîche
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 2 14- to 15-ounce cans white beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Green hot sauce, such as Bronx Hot Sauce (available at bronxhotsauce.com) or jalapeño Tabasco
- 6 to 8 large flour tortillas
- 1/2 pound pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Natural olive oil cooking spray
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil, one turn of the pan.
Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. Add half the onion, the poblano, garlic and spices; season with salt and pepper. Cook stirring often, until soft, 7-8 minutes. Add the stock and Worcestershire, and cook until the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Stir in the cream cheese and remove from the heat.
In a small skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, one turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the celery and remaining onion; season and cook, stirring often, until soft, 2-3 minutes. Add the beans and thyme, and cook until warm, 2-3 minutes. Add the green hot sauce to taste.
If the tortillas are stiff, wrap them in a kitchen towel and microwave them for a few seconds to soften.
To assemble the burritos, pile some of the turkey mixture on the lower third of each tortilla, leaving a 2-inch border on either side. Top with some of the cheese and beans. Fold in the sides then roll up tightly.
Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Spray the burritos lightly with cooking spray and place them in the skillet, seam-side down. Cook until crispy and browned, about 2 minutes per side. Cut in half and serve.