- 1/2 cup no-sugar-added plum preserves
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1 inch ginger, cut into matchsticks or grated
- 2 bunches broccolini, ends trimmed and cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons high-temperature cooking oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 red field pepper, quartered and sliced
- 1 onion, quartered and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced or chopped
- Szechuan or black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Cooked brown or white rice, to serve
In a small pot, combine the preserves, stock, Tamari and ginger, and bring to a low simmer.
In another pot, parboil the broccolini for 3 minutes in boiling, salted water then cool in an ice bath and drain; pat dry.
Heat a large, round-bottom pan or wok over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil, brown chicken and remove to plate. Add more oil and stir-fry the drained broccolini, peppers and onions for 2-3 minutes; add garlic, pepper, sauce and chicken back to the pan, and toss to combine. Finish with sesame oil and seeds. Serve over white or brown rice.