- 1 pound center-cut beef tenderloin
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 small ripe lemons
- 1 clove garlic, grated or pasted
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cups Upland cress and/or arugula
- 1 cup mixed herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley tops, dill, chives, tarragon, chopped
- Shaved medium aged Pecorino cheese, shave into cheese curls with vegetable peeler
Cut meat into 4 portions and pound pieces between plastic to 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick. Pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
Heat a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Brown and crisp beef 2-3 minutes on each side in 2 batches. Caramelize the cut side of 1 halved alongside the second batch of meat. Rest meat 5 minutes.
Whisk up grated or pasted garlic, the juice of 1 lemon, the Dijon, EVOO, salt and pepper. Toss greens, herbs and cheese with dressing.
Dress beef with juice from the caramelized lemon and top with salad to serve.