Here’s everyone’s favorite sweet-tooth satisfier: beets! (Not what you were expecting, right?) Beets might be the last ingredient you’d expect in a “red velvet cake”, but in this recipe, you’ll love them. Both beets and raspberries have loads of phytochemicals that help neutralize toxins in your body. Along with ingredients like creamy peanut butter, dates, plant based protein powder, and crunchy raw cacao nibs, this is one healthful breakfast that you’ll actually crave.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1/2 small frozen banana or 1/3 avocado
- 1 tablespoon plant-based protein powder
- 2 small red beets, peeled, raw or steamed
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or other nut butter
- 2 dates, pitted (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons raw cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 raspberries
Place the milk, banana, protein powder, beets, raspberries, cacao nibs, peanut butter and dates in a high-powered blender and purée until smooth. Dress with toppings if desired.