- 1 poached chicken or 1 rotisserie
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups reserved chicken poaching liquid or store-bought chicken stock
- 1 1 /4 cups long grain white rice
- 4 cups packed and combined baby spinach and baby kale
- 1 bunch scallions, whites and greens, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup packed and combined parsley, dill and mint
- 1 cup fresh, shelled or defrosted frozen peas
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup Greek Feta cheese, drained and crumbled
Pull meat of chicken into small bite-sized pieces and dispose of the bones and skin.
Heat a large skillet with a lid over medium-high heat with olive oil. Add butter and melt into oil. When butter foams, add the orzo and toast to deep golden brown. Season with salt and pepper. Add stock and bring rice to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer/medium-low. Cook rice for 18 minutes.
Place greens, scallions, garlic and herbs in a food processor and pulse into a fine chop; season with salt and pepper.
In last 5 minutes of rice cooking time, stir in greens and peas, add chicken and continue to cook. Remove from heat, add lemon juice and let stand 5 minutes more.
Serve in shallow bowls topped with feta crumbles.