Cavatelli with Grilled Asparagus, Green Onions and Lemon-Herb-Pi…
Moneyballs - Turkey Pesto Meatballs with Lemon Saffron Aioli
Spaghetti with Red Pepper Pesto
Penne with Pistachio-Mint Pesto
Fried Chicken Thighs and Cheesy Grits with Green Onions
How To Make Ziti with Arugula Pesto and Parmigiano-Reggiano By G…
Chicken Rolls with Herbs and Green Onions and Roasted Green Bean…
Dr. Travis Stork's Pesto Pasta with Spinach, Asparagus, and Cher…
Pasta alla Carbonara with Spring Onions and Lemon
How To Make Grilled Cheese with Basil-Mint Pesto | #StayHome Wit…
Grilled Garlic and Herb Chicken and Green Panzanella
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 bunch scallions or spring onions, whites and light greens, roots trimmed and thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley tops, packed
- 1 cup mint and tarragon leaves combined, packed
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 fresno, jalapeño or Serrano pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Sicilian pistachios, lightly toasted
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus additional for drizzling
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- 1 pound cavatelli
Bring a pot of water on a boil for the pasta.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with olive oil and butter. Sauté asparagus and onions 2-3 minutes; add in peas toss to heat through, 2-3 minutes.
In the bowl of a food processor, add herbs, lemon zest and juice, garlic, chili pepper, pistachios, salt and pepper, and pulse-chop into a pesto. Stream in 1/4 cup EVOO with the machine on then scrape pesto into a large serving bowl. Stir in Pecorino.
Salt boiling water and cook pasta 6-7 minutes, undercooking it by 1 minute from package directions. Remove 1 cup starchy, salty cooking water, add it to pesto. Drain pasta and add it to the pesto along with the asparagus, scallions and peas; toss to combine. Drizzle with EVOO to finish.