- 1/2 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons of beaten egg (or 2 teaspoons of milk)
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons flour, plus 1 teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda, or just half of 1/4 teaspoon full
- 2 tablespoons your fav mix-in (chocolate chips, nuts, oats, etc…)
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
In a small bowl, combine butter and brown sugar. Mix with a fork until the butter and sugar are creamed together. Add the egg (or milk) and vanilla. Mix until the mixture forms a smooth paste and there are no lumps.
Add the flour, baking soda and salt. If you don’t have 1/8 teaspoon for the baking soda, fill a 1/2 teaspoon and push half of the baking soda out of it with a toothpick. Using a small rubber spatula, mix until a dough is formed. It may look a little dry at first but keep mixing. If the mix is too dry, add a tiny splash of milk until it forms a dough-like consistency.
Using the back of the rubber spatula, add your favorite mix-in!
Roll the dough into one big dough ball and flatten it out a bit with your hands to make a fat disk shape, about 2 1/2 inches across. Place onto a parchment lined sheet tray.
Bake for 12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway in between.
Remove from oven and let cool.