Missed out on the Facebook Live action? Don't worry - you can still view it here: Facebook.com/TheRachaelRayShow
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey or chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- A handful of cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 8 soft corn tortillas, charred
- 8 hard shell tortillas
- 1 cup Mexican-style shredded cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream
- Pickled jalapeños
In a stainless steel skillet over medium heat, toast spices for about 1 minute, or until fragrant (make sure the kitchen is well-vented, unlike ours was #coughcough).
Heat olive oil in another large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the ground turkey or chicken and cook, breaking it up with a kitchen spoon, until brown. Season with salt. Once the turkey has browned, add the onion, sweet potato and toasted spices. Cook for about 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in chipotle peppers, apple cider vinegar and a splash of water, and cover the pan. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are soft.
Once the potatoes are tender, add the beans. Cook one minute longer so the flavors combine. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cilantro.
Preheat the broiler and broil 1/8 of a cup of cheese on top of each corn tortilla. Wrap each hard shell tortilla in a cheesy soft shell tortilla.
Place filling into each double shell and top with toppings of your choice.