Missed out on the Facebook Live action? Don't worry - you can still view it here: Facebook.com/TheRachaelRayShow
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock or water
- 1 6-ounce bag multigrain tortilla chips
- 1 14.5-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar, shredded
- 1 avocado, coarsely chopped
- 1 romaine heart, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 handful cilantro, picked and chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños, for garnish (optional)
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add in the turkey and cook, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon or a potato masher.
Once the meat is just about cooked through, add garlic, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, salt and pepper. Deglaze the pan with a few tablespoons of stock or water, and remove from heat.
While the turkey is cooking, arrange tortilla chips in an even layer on a large sheet tray. Top with turkey mixture and scatter black beans over the top. Top with cheddar cheese and broil in the oven for about 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
Top hot nachos with avocado, romaine, yogurt, red onion, cilantro, lime juice and jalapeños.