- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes (about 6), roughly chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup reduced-sodium 100% organic vegetable juice
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- One 5-inch piece French baguette bread, crust removed
- 1 shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, bruised
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced peeled seeded cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely diced seeded red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced seeded yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced seeded tomato
- 6 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 12 hours.
Transfer the marinated ingredients to a food processor or blender and blitz until smooth. Refrigerate the soup until it is very cold. Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper.
Ladle the chilled soup into chilled bowls and garnish with the finely diced cucumbers, bell peppers and tomatoes. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and serve.